It is the second largest lake in France with an area of 5800h, quiet, transparent and shallow water.
2 beaches with supervised swimming "Pavilion" and "Caton"
- Sailing school
- Rental of boats, canoes, pedal boats, windsurfing boards
- Hawaiian canoes
- Introduction to water skiing, stand-up paddle
- Hiking and mountain biking trails: 4 trails from 0.5 km to 10 km around Sanguinet Bourg. Cycling paths along the lake, from the beach of Caton to the port of Estey, you will be able to reach Biscarrosse-Bourg, Biscarrosse Plage and even the Dune du Pilat.
Take a look to Loopi Bisca Grands Lacs
- Horse riding / pony trekking
- Way of Santiago de Compostela. The path known as "Soulac" or "Littoral Way" passes through Sanguinet, the first Landes stage between Lamothe in the Gironde and Parentis en Borne before heading south towards Spain.
Imagine three villages under the quiet waters of our lake, around thirty or more dugout canoes and various submerged objects. To discover the history of Sanguinet and its lake, explore the mystery of the engulfed villages and discover an exceptional archaeological heritage.
Place de la Mairie
+ 33 558780233 / +33 558821182
- The Conservatoire des Landes de Gascogne
Whose objective is the dissemination of the culture of the Landes de Gascogne retracing the history and customs of this region
Every year around July 20, the festival of Jazz in Sanguinet animates the village during 4 days of outdoor music but also concerts under marquee.
Previous years guests include Manu Katché, Dany Doris, Manu Dibango, André Manoukian, Jean Jacques Milteau, Liane Foly among others.
In 2019 we will be celebrating the 20th edition.
RESTAURANTS IN THE VILLAGE
Le Café du Lac
Snack Landais Chez Ponpon
La Bolée Crêperie
La Table du Domaine
La Cabane à Moules
MARKETS IN JULY AND AUGUST
Every Wednesday and Saturday morning, nocturnes on Saturday.
SANGUINET TOURIST OFFICE
Place of the town hall 05 58 78 67 72
- Arcachon Basin 25 min
- The dune of Pilat 25 min
- The Teich Ornithological Park 30 min
- The oceanic beaches of Biscarrosse 20 min
- The Natural Park of the Landes de Gascogne 20 min
- Bordeaux 50 min
- The vineyards of Medoc and Bordeaux, "The Bordelais" 60 min